6 small red radishes
Fresh mint leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
The freshly squeezed juice of ½ lemon
- If the cucumber is waxed or has a thick skin, peel it. If not, scrub it under cold running water. Slice the cucumber into very thin disks and put these on a serving platter
- Peel the oranges, removing all the white pith beneath the skin as well. Cut the oranges into thin rounds, pick out any seeds, and add the slices to the platter.
- Cut off and discard the leafy tops from the radishes, wash the radishes in cold water, without peeling them, cut them into disks, and add them to the platter.
- Wash half a dozen small mint leaves, tear them into 2 or 3 pieces each, and sprinkle them over the orange, radish and cucumber slices.
- Add salt, olive oil, and lemon juice, toss thoroughly to coat well, and serve at once.