This is just poached eggs on toast, except that toast is torn into small pieces and mixed up with the egg. Its how my mom managed to get me to eat eggs as a kid and its still how I like to eat my eggs.
1 pat butter
1 pint boiling water
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vinegar
2 slices toast
- Rub the butter along the bottom of a frying pan and add pour in about a pint of boiling water. Add salt vinegar.
- Let this stand so the water will keep hot, but not boil.
- Break in two eggs, being careful to strike the shell only enough to crack it without disturbing the yolk.
- Let stand until the eggs are set on the bottom, then loosen the egg from the pan by carefully pushing a spatula or griddle cake turner beneath it to avoid too much cooking on the bottom. Let it stand until delicately cooked throughout.
- Have ready two slices of bread, toasted to a golden brown. Tear toast into small pieces in a bowl
- Remove eggs from simmering water with slotted spoon and add to bowl with toast pieces. Break-up and egg and mix with toast
- Season with salt to taste